Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway – Lake City, FL
Classification Status: Non-Exempt: This position is classified as non-exempt status and encompasses the basic requirements stipulated by The Fair Labor Standards Act
Job Summary: This is a highly responsible administrative position requiring knowledge and experience in typing, communication (oral/written), basic math & computer applications, planning, purchasing and organization in administrative management. Ability to multi-task and maintain a pleasant demeanor with all stakeholders.
Salary-Benefits: $12.50 – $21.63 per hour/40-hour workweek + benefits; based on experience and/or credentials
The general responsibilities of the Program Support Specialist are to:
• Maintain a respectful ongoing and frequent communication with the Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway, Inc. (ELCFG) management and staff.
• Greet clients, providers, and visitors, assist them with intake procedures, and direct them to the appropriate staff person or common area.
• Interact with families in the lobby; by assisting them with activities and offering learning information, activities, and ideas to use at home.
• Assist with daily administrative duties, including but not limited to; data entry of client information, filing, mail-outs, distribution of mail, tracking customer flow, assistance with intake reports, scheduling, reimbursement processing, copying, faxing, answering multi-phone lines, etc.
• Schedule and/or assists in appointment verifications, meetings, and or conference; maintain and update appointment and program calendars.
• Assist with the coordination of all logistical need’s such as, notice reminders, meeting space, hospitality needs, sending materials out upon approval.
• Understand and applies specific instructions and procedures of the organization.
• Perform various routine errands as required, for the organization.
• Maintain lobby area and maintain strict privacy of customer data and information.
• Performs a variety of typing and data entry assignments; prepares and prints routine correspondence, letters, labels, and/or other basic written materials.
• Participate in community outreach and awareness events/activities and quality enhancement.
• Assist with bulk shredding of confidential documents and bulk mailings as needed.
• Supports Coalition operations and intra-departments, as necessary.
• Assist ELCFG with short-term and long-term planning.
• Sign for and distribute parcel packages as needed and submit to the appropriate Coalition staff.
• Protect organization’s integrity by keeping information confidential.
• Work harmoniously with ELCFG Board members, staff, local collaborating service agencies, and state offices as appropriate.
• Other duties or responsibilities as requested by the ELCFG Management staff.
Supervisory Responsibility: NONE
Education, Experience, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
• Associates degree in Social Services or equivalent field preferred; or high school diploma or equivalent required, and two years related experience.
• Administrative office experience is required.
• Equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may substitute for requirement.
• Familiarity with Government in the Sunshine Law preferred.
• Familiar with the Rules and Regulations for the Florida School Readiness (SR), Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) and Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) programs preferred.
• Advanced level of computer knowledge in area of Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to type at least 40 wpm.
• Must clear Level 2 background-screening requirements.
• Valid Florida’s driver’s license.
• Must have excellent professional written and oral communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills.
• Must have a professional attitude and demeanor.
• Need to have knowledge of general office equipment, (i.e., copier, fax, computer, etc.).
Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VET / DISABILITY