Classification Status: Non-Exempt: This position is classified as non-exempt status and encompasses the basic requirements stipulated by The Fair Labor Standards Act
Job Summary: Performs fiscal department and administrative support duties including accounts payable processing and posting, general ledger data entry, and processing funding source monthly match invoices and match reports.
Salary-Benefits: $15.00 – $21.63 per hour/$31,200.00 – $44,990.00 annually, 40-hour work week + Benefits (unless Part-time); based on experience and/or credentials.
- Provides data entry into MIP with minimal errors resulting in accurate reports and information for the Coalition.
- Processes W-9s and direct deposit data. Maintains vendor data information in MIP and vendor files.
- Works in collaboration with the Fiscal Team to ensure that payments to vendors are accurate and processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for accounts payable processes and inputs applicable information in MIP. Ensures proper department invoice coding and documentation is attached to applicable entries.
- Responsible for research and resolution of vendor over/underpayment issues.
- Maintenance of department files and department correspondence.
- Generates accurate monthly match invoicing and inputs all invoices into the general ledger.
- Compiles and complete monthly match funding reports to the State.
- Assists in general ledger account reconciliation.
- Enter banking information and journal entries into general ledger as requested.
- Deliver bank deposits, checks for signing and invoices.
- Provides staff orientation to fiscal policies and procedures as assigned.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Provide additional fiscal and administrative support duties as required.
- Attends and participates in required meetings, conferences and required trainings.
- Serve as Back-up to Finance Controller, as needed, in creation of SR/VPK Provider Payment spreadsheets and printing of remits.
- Checks in office supplies and maintains the supply cabinet.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires travel as requested that pertains to the job type.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation and current automobile liability insurance policy and be willing to travel to perform required tasks.
- The selected candidate will be required to submit and pass a local and national background screen and pre-employment drug screen prior to their date of hire.
Supervisory Responsibility: NONE
Education, Experience, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, AA/AS degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. (Applicants with BA/BS accepted/considered for hire).
- An equivalent combination of related education and current experience(i.e. finance, accounting, business management) may be substituted for the required education with approval from the Finance Director/CFO and Executive Director/CEO.
- Must have excellent professional written and oral communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Need to have knowledge of general office equipment, (i.e., copier, fax, computer, etc.).
Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VET / DISABILITY