Please send letter of interest and resume` to Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway, Inc. Attn: Human Resources at 1104 SW Main Blvd. Lake City, FL 32025. Fax to (386) 752-8094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We Strive to:
Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway offers a host of benefits available to the employee after a 90 day probation to include but not limited to the following:
In-House Open Position:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure that internal control procedures are followed and that accurate records are maintained in state system (EFS) and MIP Fund Accounting.
* Oversee the Finance/Compliance staff’s timely processing or provider monthly attendance records and provider payments including:
* Reimbursement of providers according to data entered in the approved state system.
* Manage adjustments to provider payments.
* Manage the activities conducted during regular monitoring of provider attendance entries.
* Assist Finance Director with the preparation of financial reports and Finance/Compliance Departmental tasks and responsibilities.
* Accurately follow procedures established by the state of Florida and the Finance Director to properly account for all revenue and expenditures for the School Readiness (SR) and Voluntary Prekindergarten programs.
* Create purchase orders for purchases and travel as needed and obtain all required documentation related to the expenditure.
* Process weekly accounts payable including coding expenditures to the appropriate cost accumulator according to state guidelines and per the budget and reconcile the accounts payable subsidiary ledger each month.
* Maintain a file of W-9 forms for vendors and providers as required for 1099 reporting.
* Review monthly Visa purchases ensuring that all Visa expenditures and documentation are accounted for, approved, and allocated to the proper cost accumulator.
* Maintain a current working knowledge of all policies related to employee travel and educate staff in a timely manner regarding these policies.
* Review staff travel authorization requests. Review monthly employee travel ensuring that all necessary documentation for mileage and travel is received and allocated to the proper cost accumulator.
* Maintain a database of all incoming checks/cash for trainings, client repayments, and provider repayments and ensure that all payments are deposited and posted to the appropriate accounts in a timely manner.
* Maintain a workbook of incoming client repayments and provide a monthly report detailing payments received to the Family Services Director and the Board of Directors.
* Record cash receipts and reconcile the accounts receivable subsidiary ledger each month.
* Assist with the preparation of monthly invoices for submission to the Office of Early Learning.
* Assist with monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
* Conduct routine audits of provider payments and adjustments.
* Assist with month end and year-end closing functions as needed for SR and VPK programs.
* Assist with expenditure validation testing and audits and gather required documentation.
* Perform impromptu report writing functions for data needed to submit to funders and reporting agencies and at the request of ELC Directors.
* Meet and confer with ELC staff, sub-contractor staff, and vendors as needed.
* Process payroll in the absence of the Finance Director.
* Assist Reimbursement staff with provider attendance processing.
* Coordinate problem resolution for School Readiness and VPK provider reimbursement process.
* Assist the Finance Director in the development of the fiscal year budget and subsequent modifications to ensure efficient use of funds through the year and accurate closeout budgeting for current program year in compliance with federal and state regulations.
* Maintain and audit payroll administration systems and ensure that payroll and benefit expenses are accurately recorded into the general ledger.
* Assist in the development and implementation of financial accounting systems to ensure accuracy of financial transactions and compliance with ELC policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Accurately documented including, drafting or revising of policies and procedures.
* Manage accounts receivables/payables
* Assist with month end close processed including, but not limited to:
* Review Accounts payable cut off
* Review Bank reconciliation
* Review PARS calculation; and process, as needed.
* Review allocation entries.
* Assist with the preparation of the weekly check run
* Supervisor preparation of purchase orders
* Participate as directed in all ELC quality improvement efforts to achieve optimum organizational performance
* Other duties or responsibilities as requested.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
* Attendance and participation in professional conferences, training, statewide and regional meetings, and other related events as it pertains to the position.
* Work harmoniously with early education providers, ELC board members, school readiness agencies, and ELC staff.
* Operate computers, printers and other office equipment;
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Deal tactfully with staff, public, and others;
* Handle sensitive situations appropriately;
* Be courteous, flexible, reliable, and responsive to supervisors, coworkers, providers, parents, and
* Communicate effectively and timely;
* Perform duties under pressure and meet time deadlines;
* Problem solve;
* Analyze situations accurately and adapt effective courses of action;
* Interpret and implement applicable laws, regulations, policies, directives, and procedures;
* Work both independently and as a part of a team.
* Basic Accounting and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP)
* Automated financial systems, MIP Fund Accounting software preferred;
* Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook programs;
* Methods, practices and terminology of computer systems, data entry equipment and processing;
* Office methods, practices and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
* Minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, budget and audit preparation, including experience presenting and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders.
* Computer literacy in Windows. Strong Excel skills are required.
* Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable. General ledger and payroll.
* Advanced knowledge of multiple accounting software systems, preferable Microsoft Office (Excel)
* Experience in non-profit accounting and forecasting.
* Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting software
* Extensive knowledge of Single Audit requirements and reporting
* Attention to detail.
A valid Florida driver’s license and current automotive insurance coverage is required. Travel may be required. Mileage will be reimbursed.
A local and state FDLE background check will be completed. ELC is a drug-free workplace.
40-hour work week. Days and times may vary dependent upon the needs of the program.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds in order to meet the day to day requirements of the job. Must be able to sit for long periods of time with occasional times of standing and/or walking.
*Anyone interested in applying, please submit your resume` to HR by COB on Friday, October 25th*
To view our PDF documents you will need Adobe Reader