Early Learning Colalition of Florida's GatewayWhat do we do?
The Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway is a non-profit organization that provides Child Care Resource and Referral and Early Learning services (School Readiness and Voluntary Pre-kindergarten – VPK) in Columbia, Hamilton, Lafayette, Suwannee and Union counties.
The Coalition strives to:
- Promote quality Early Learning programs in the five counties.
- Identify programs that provide young children with experiences that will help them achieve school readiness.
- Provide developmental screenings for young children.
- Work with public schools, private and faith based providers and family child care homes to promote quality Early Learning experiences that focus on all areas of a child’s development.
- Help increase the availability of quality early learning programs in the five counties by assisting new providers and recruiting providers to participate in the School Readiness and VPK programs.
- Provide families with the early learning and child care support they need to help them to achieve economic self-sufficiency.